Amidst the picturesque Sierra Mountain Range, Rocky Roost Lakefront is a south-facing home perched on the stunning Granite boulders of the north shore. This Cedar Bark-sided home traces its history back to the Gatsby era of the Brockway Springs Hotel, which was located on the western part of Brockway Point. At the end of a silent cul-de-sac, the Rocky Roost compound sits behind large iron gates on one and a half acres. The compound includes a main residence, game room, upper cottage and lower lake view apartment. With 120 feet of lake frontage, the property faces the majestic south and west shorelines, with Aspens and large Pines framing the home. Rocky Roost Lakefront is a fabulously unique home. Situated among natural Granite boulders, sprawling Pine trees and glorious turquoise waters Rocky Roost is truly an exceptional property. The main house maintains a classic Old Tahoe charm with elements of the surrounding exterior incorporated into the main frame. Don't be surprised to see a granite stone cropping out from the wall in the bathroom or a huge Jeffrey Pine peeking through the middle of the deck! The gorgeous grounds, multiple decks and staircase down to the large dock for sunbathing make this home one-of-a-kind. You are also merely a two minute walk to Speedboat Beach, a small, sandy white beach affectionately know by locals as "Buck's Beach." Summer has never been so fun. Swim out to the rocks peeking up from the emerald waters or stand in between the crevices to catch crawdads all day or simply relax and read a book under the shade of the top deck's canopy. The main house has four bedrooms, a living room and family room for your enjoyment. There is also a game cottage with bath just steps away with a ping pong table and bathroom. Across the yard from the main house is a cottage with a kitchen and bathroom, perfect for a couple to retire early. Down the steps is another cottage with a small sitting area, bathroom and bed. This room is great for older kids. In the winter, the views boast snowy wonderland. But either winter or summer, the privacy of the grounds creates an estate-like surrounding where you can feel totally focused on your very own retreat. Lower Lake view Apartment not available in winter. (sleeping for 11 guests only)
Bedroom #1 King Suite - Master Bedroom
Bedroom #2 Queen Suite - Pine Cone Bedroom
Bedroom #3 Queen - Lower Bear Bedroom
Bedroom #4 Three Children's Twin Beds - Three Bears Room
Bedroom #5 Double Bed with Kitchen & Bath - Upper Cottage
Bedroom #6 Queen Bed in Elevated Nook with Kitchen & Bath - Lower Lake view Apt. (not available in winter)
- Shared Pier (sorry, boat house and hoist not available for use.)
- Two Buoy - Upon Advanced Request with Buoy Addendum. Please contact our Concierge to rent watercraft to access the buoy. Owner does not provide.
- 2 Minute Walk to Sandy, Speedboat Beach with Fabulous Boulders & Turquoise Waters - Perfect for Kayaking and Paddleboarding
- Hot Tub with Panoramic Lakeviews
- Sprawling Grounds with Lovely Landscaping, Granite Boulders & Annual Flowers
- Built-in Stone Gas BBQ, Stone Patios, Exterior Furniture
- Main House: 3,500 sq. ft. and contains a Split-Level Living Room, Kitchen, Breakfast Room, Four Bedrooms, and a Home Theater. There is a generous area on the lake side of the lower living room for dining with a table that can seat up to 14 people. The master suite has a spectacular lake view, a king size bed, and adjoining bath. The second bedroom has a queen size bed and adjoining bath. The third bedroom has a queen size bed with a bathroom next to it that includes a steam shower. The fourth bedroom has three children-sized twin beds and an en-suite bathroom. You reach the front door through a private shady courtyard that has areas among the boulders for barbecuing and lounging. The entrance area is separated from the lower living room by a antique stone fireplace. The main deck and house surround a massive first growth ponderosa pine. This deck has breathtaking lake views and plenty of room for dining, lounging, and enjoying the hot tub. The private beach is a combination of sandy beach and boulders, with several decks and patios for enjoying the lake. There are two kayaks and a canoe available to launch from the beach.
- Upper Cottage: Double Bed, Kitchen, and Bath. A little charmer nestled in the boulders with filtered lake views, and its own deck and backyard sunbathing area
- Lower Lakeview Apartment: Kitchen, Living Area, Bath, and Cozy Queen-Size Sleeping Loft. There is a four-rung ladder that leads up to the loft. This suite is built around a boulder and the windows have a fabulous lake views.
- Game Room: Ping Pong Table, Pub Table, Flat Screen TV, Bathroom
- High-Speed Wireless Internet Access
- Carport With Canvas Curtain Closures - 1 space available in winter - 2 in Summer
- Important Note: the pathways and stairs to the pier and lake are quite steep. They are not suitable for unattended children. Please watch young children at all times to ensure their safety and enjoyment.