You are here
- Lake Tahoe Real Estate
- Shangri-La - West Shore Lakefront Estate 2020 West Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City, CA
Quick Search Options
REDUCED BY $4,000,000. Welcome to Shangri-La, an idyllic utopian hideaway on Tahoe City's West Shore. Pass through the gated entry and find yourself world away. Immediately you are surrounded by lush landscaping, comprising a variety of species, including many rare finds, hand-selected to fit into Tahoe's natural setting. Wind down the long, heated driveway with an advanced snowmelt system, and perhaps you'll notice the details. This driveway is made of 3" thick granite imported from India, hand-textured and hand laid. Already, you sense the essence of this estate. Exotic luxuries are designed with such subtlety to seamlessly reflect the Old Tahoe style reminiscent of the area's rich history, while capable of handling all seasons of mountain living.
Pass through the courtyard, over the hand-hewn insulated stones, to reach the front door of the 7 bedroom & 7.5 bath main house and immediately, you are struck by both grace and grandeur. Custom finishes and fine materials hand-selected by famed L.A. designer Gary Gibson Interior Design showcase both elegance and history. From Mahogany walls to remarkable relics, the details evoke dignity and sophistication.
Throughout the estate, you'll find a sincere focus on healthy natural living. Both the custom-designed, in-ground, lakefront spa and 22-meter indoor swimming pool run on an advanced UV system and commercial grade ozone system so no chemicals are used at all (different from a standard "salt water" system). A sauna sits adjacent to the swimming pool, while an outdoor garden shower lies tucked behind the hot tub. The whole house runs on a water filtration system.
Outdoor amenities abound with a private deep-water pier and two buoys, plus 130' of lake frontage. Days on Lake Tahoe are just steps away. A true family retreat, activities are endless back at home. The backyard converts to a pro-size volleyball and badminton court. A nature path through the grounds doubles as an extreme croquet course. An in-ground bocce court is tucked within the lush forested setting, alongside a horseshoe pit. And the courtyard, protected from any prevailing wind, is the ideal spot for the basketball hoop. Annual family Olympics have been a long-time tradition at this estate.
A separate 2 bedroom & 1.5 bath guest house is a tribute to Tahoe cabins. Guests can retreat to privacy and gather around the Riverstone fireplace for quiet time as night falls. A guest apartment within the main house, at the west wing, includes a kitchen, offering a separate retreat, and making it easy to host all your family and friends.
From the farmhouse kitchen and expansive primary suite to the executive office and formal dining room, refined nobility is met with comforts that invite you to embrace this mountain lifestyle with serenity and ease. Amongst the distinguished details is a warmth that welcomes all to relax and enjoy life on Tahoe time.
- Listing Price:$34,500,000
- Street Address:2020 West Lake Boulevard
- City/State:Tahoe City, CA
- Zip Code:96145
- Square Feet:12,660
- 1.7 Acres
- 130' of Lake Frontage
- Private, Deep-Water Pier with Boat Lift
- Two Buoys
- Custom-Designed In-Ground Spa & Outdoor Garden Shower
- 22 Meter Indoor Lap Pool
- Main House with Guest Apartment Plus Separate Guest House
- Gated Entrance with Long Driveway for a Private Off-Road Setting
- 3-Car Garage
- In-Ground Bocce Court & Horseshoes
- Nature Walk Through Garden with Extreme Croquet Course
- Courtyard Area with Basketball Hoop
- Backyard with Pro-Size Volleyball & Badminton Court
- Old Tahoe Elegant Style, Built in 1993 with Recent Upgrades & Remodel
- Interior Design Finishes by Gary Gibson Interior Design
- Mahogany Walls
- Gourmet Farmhouse Kitchen with Fireplace
- Butler's Pantry with Commercial Frigidaire Refrigerator & Freezer