In 1917, the renowned resort, the Tahoe Tavern, commissioned May “Queenie” Dunn of England’s most
famous golfing family, to design a golf course for their resort. She was a celebrated female golf champion and it became one of the first courses in the United States designed by a a woman. Originally 6 holes, it became a 9 hole golf course in 1926. In 1948 the Bechdolt Family purchased the property and it remained in their family’s ownership until it was purchased by a community effort in 2012. Today the golf course is owned by Tahoe City Public Utility District and managed by Duncan Golf Management.